Best Dog Bandages for Foot | Dog Paw Wraps
A pet dog is a huge responsibility, including caring for them when they get hurt. In case of an injury or a wound, you must know how to bandage your dog’s paw and which types of wraps to use.
Injuries to your dog’s paw can occur while walking barefoot outdoors or accidentally stepping on a sharp object. So check your dog’s feet regularly for cuts or bruises, especially after walks. If the injury is severe, always consult a vet, but the chance of the wound getting infected gets drastically lowered if it is covered with a bandage first. Also, read our review of dog leg wraps.
Be sure to learn the proper use and application of each tool in the dog first aid kit so you can efficiently tend to your pet’s wound if the situation ever presents itself.Dr. Kate Boatright, VMD
Best Bandage Wraps for Dog’s Paw
1. Eco-Fused Self Adhering Dog Bandage Wraps
2. AUPCON Vet Bandage Wraps for Dogs
3. WePet Gauze Bandage Rolls for Dogs
4. Prairie Horse Supply Vet Dog Bandages
5. LotFancy Non-Woven Cohesive Dog Bandage Wraps
6. xiweeui Self Adhesive Bandage Wrap for Dogs
How to Wrap a Dog’s Paw?
Follow these steps to bandage your dog’s paw properly:
- Firstly, check whether the injured paw is bloody or not.
- Next, carefully wash the wound with warm water and remove any debris you may encounter inside the wound.
- Then slowly begin cleaning the injured area, ensuring that your dog isn’t in discomfort. Use disinfectant to sterilize the wound.
- Apply an antiseptic cream to the injured part of the paw.
- Carefully wrap the paw pad in soft gauze.
- Finally, over the gauze, apply a pressure bandage. Make sure to keep the toes out so your dog doesn’t lose traction due to the wrapping.
I am a certified dog trainer, behaviorist, and aggression specialist. I have been pursuing my passion in this field since 2015 and have worked with countless dogs since then. I specialize in force-free and positive reinforcement training.