Best Non-Slip Paw Traction Pads | Dog Paw Grips
Anti-slip paw pads come in handy if your dog has issues walking or running because of age, slippery floors, or other health problems. Dog paw grips are like wearing just the soles of the shoes.
Suppose your dog feels irritated when wearing shoes, or if their paw gets overheated because of the shoes, then we can opt for these paw friction pads. They are like band-aids, rip them off a paper and stick them to your dog’s paw. Also, check our review of anti-slip dog shoes.
Best Grip Pads for Dog’s Feet
1. VALFRID Dog Paw Protector
2. Roilpet Dog Slip Stopper Pads – Best for Senior Dogs
3. PawFriction Dog Paw Traction Pads
4. LOOBANI Dog Paw Protector Pads
5. Aqumax Dog Grip Traction Pads
6. PICK FOR LIFE Dog Foot Traction Pads
Removing Pad Grips without Hurting Dog’s Paw
The traction pads will wear off on their own in a few days. Still, if you are worried about hurting your dog’s paw when removing the pads, follow the steps below.
- Slowly remove the pads from your dogs’ feet. If they don’t come off easily, using soap and water to remove them will do the trick.
- Take some rubbing alcohol on a clean cloth and gently wipe their paws to remove any adhesive that may remain on them.
- Let the feet completely dry before adding a new set of pad grips.
These are some of the things to take into account before buying traction pads for your dog.
Measure your dog’s paws first. The best way to find the proper size is to wet your dog’s paws and have them stand on a piece of blank paper. Press the paws down gently to get impressions of the paws, which after measuring with a ruler, will give you the range you’re looking for.
The material should allow for strong traction when your dog is walking so that slippage does not occur while also allowing them to sweat through the pads. Silicone-based pads are good options, but rubber ones are also available.
3. Easy to Stick
The pads must be easy to attach and remove, with the adhesive being non-toxic and easily disposable.